Saturday, March 8, 2008

Why I Work With Children

I would just like to clarify one thing: why I work with children. Though I do consider myself a good person, and a compassionate person, these are not the reason I spend seven hours a day baby-sitting children ages 8 to 11. No, I have many other ways I would rather spend my time. However, the other ways do not include the love and devotion that children show you! My third grade students are always writing me sweet little notes that say how wonderful, beautiful, and perfect I am! Why would I give that up?

One compliment in particular I would like to share with you is what a sweet student of another student said about me. This young lady struggles greatly with her confidence due to being almost as tall as me (6'1") in the third grade, also quite over weight. But, as I was walking to the front of the cafeteria the other day she told another teacher, who later told me, that Phyllis thinks I look like a model. It made me smile.

No comments: