Monday, February 25, 2008

Oh, how I love compliments!

So about three years ago I went to New York to visit my friend. It was an amazing trip, I loved the city and enjoyed thoroughly catching up with said friend. I was only there for a long weekend, so had an interesting flight schedule. My return flight left at 6 a.m. Due to the late nature of our daily bed time I decided it would be beneficial to stay up all night...that way I wouldn't over sleep and miss my flight.
Early that morning, the car I'd booked came to pick me up. At the airport I felt like I was the only passenger flying out at this ungodly hour. I approached the security check and placed my things on the conveyor, took off my shoes and began to walk through the gizmo when the attendant mumbled something at me. Well, you should know that I don't have the best hearing, so I had to have him repeat his statement. He asked, "What's your cover?" I was in complete confusion by this point. The thoughts racing through my mind were "Does he think I'm a secret agent?" and "Cover, did I forget my blanket?" Yet, again I asked him to repeat himself this time with a very confused look on my face. He again said, "What's your cover...what magazine are you on?"
Please step back to just a moment ago when you read the part that said I didn't sleep that night. I was flattered. I giggled and told him that I was not a model. You're thinking how much more flattering can this get...well, he didn't believe me. Actually he sort of got irritated-he must have thought I was lying-but I was flattered and went back to Utah with a little smile on my face.

2 comments:

Ticklemedana said...

hey, nerd...I'm happy you got home safe! I love the blog and look forward to reading...I added a link you your blog on mine...Love you!

Ticklemedana said...

first rule of blogging: gotta post at least weekly or you'll lose your readers...LOL...how are things?