Friday, July 11, 2008

Of Mice and Men

First of all let me say that this book was far shorter than I had anticipated it to be...I had assumed that it would be rather long considering it was made into a movie; on the contrary, it is only 107 pages and a very quick read at that...this is coming from a very slow reader.

As far as the book, I enjoyed it. The friendship of Lennie and George parallels relationships I've experienced; the devotion and concern for a friend was heart wrenching and very applicable to my life. The tragedy of loss is bad enough, but for George to have been the cause is a difficult concept to bare...though it has to be, it would have been far more difficult to bear if Curley had been given the satisfaction of taking care of Lennie.

Though the story has a sad ending I liked reading it!

1 comment:

Ticklemedana said...

ooh...I like the idea of your book reviews...I would love to hear what you think...and I remember your summer reading list you always had...great idea...and it'll keep you blogging...=D