Monday, July 14, 2008

Mystery Show Face-Off

Growing up I was exposed to just about every mystery show you can think of. Matlock was the order of the day during the summer time; Father Dowling Mysteries was my bedtime story; Jessica Fletcher seems like part of the family; even Columbo made an occasional appearance. My mother and I have tossed around the idea of becoming a Mother-Daughter Crime Fighting Team! My mom is incredibly observant, and with a little training I could be the muscle. The only down fall I really see is that as of yet, we haven't managed to make the acquaintance of any useful sidekicks, like a police officer or someone at the courthouse. I do have a classmate that works for the police department in my home town...perhaps I should start working that angle.

At any rate, it is not my mother and my future that I would like to discuss. Actually, that is about a million miles from my topic this evening. I would like to see the mystery show stars in a final show down of wit, ability, and sheer brute strength. Matlock vs. Father Dowling head to head. Angela Lansbury vs. Tomas Magnum. Simon and Simon vs. Starsky and Hutch. All the greats (excluding Columbo as he has that defective eye, and you can hardly expect a handicap man to be a contender in such a match) going at it in a cage match, winner takes all. Yes, I think it would be a thing of beauty to throw the great minds from our television set into an iron cage and lock the door, refusing to open it until someone was dead or brutally beaten. I'm putting my money on Magnum P.I.

1 comment:

Ticklemedana said...

bah ha ha! I didn't read this blog til just now and I love it...I can TOTALLY see you and your mom hunting down some serial killer and giving him his come uppance...all the while dressed in stereotypical elementary school teacher garb! that should be your angle....