Saturday, September 6, 2008

Clod Trompers

I am very aware that Meg Ryan is America's sweetheart and Julia Roberts has a gorgeously toothy grin, but has no one else notice that they both walk like men? The lack of femininity is mind boggling and unfortunately a sign of greater problems. Young women in this day and age take no pride in their God-given grace and beauty. It's cute and adorable to be clumsy and loud according to Hollywood. And neurotic twits too self-absorbed to notice anyone around them are taking over as heroins in romantic comedies.
As I walked through Target (the Mother Ship) today I couldn't help but notice the trashy clothes that not only teenagers, but adult women were wearing. I'm not necessarily talking about scantily clad women, I mean those that come out in their sweat pants and an old T-shirt.
Ladies, I implore you to acquiesce to your womanhood. Be gentile and divine. Walk with grace and speak with softness. Just because you are a woman of character doesn't mean that you can't be opinionated and listened to. Frankly, a man will listen more readily to a woman who knows how to be a woman rather than a woman trying to be a man.

2 comments:

Ticklemedana said...

ha ha...you're awesome...I, too, have noticed my own aversion to being more feminine and am happy to say I am wearing more makeup and doing my hair more often. Course, having to dress in nice clothes for work also helps...it's amazing what a skirt will do for you! =) I am happy to say I would make you proud these days, my love...=)

Anonymous said...

I completely agree. We are women! We can be feminine, sweet, divine, adorable, etc . . . we should revel in that fact. I love being girly. I love looking girly, I love heels, dresses, polk-a-dots, aprons, cute shirts, pearls, heart papers to write love notes on, pink. etc . . . we are not taught to love being girly and feminine enough. But I LOVE it!