Sunday, August 3, 2008

I Like Smoke and Lightening...

Heavy Metal Thunder! That is in fact my favorite lyric in the song "Born To Be Wild" today, it is quite applicable to my life. Last night I came home from a little jaunt I had taken to St. George, Utah with some family. This was a weeks vacation within my actual vacation. We played hard, stayed up late, and had an incredible time. When I returned home I was worn out and tired of sleeping on an air mattress, though not returning to my own bed, I was excited to be back to my friend's home-where I have resided for the past threeish weeks.
Upon my arrival, my friend informed me that a group of her friends were planning to go out to dinner. As I had not eaten since lunch, I jumped on the chance to join them. I was at this point a little lethargic and quite irritable...not a great combination. At dinner I did my best not to scare the locals. Luckily, big-haired man we will refer to as Christian T. Farmer, was seated next to me. In case you are unaware, I love big hair...I also love the Simpson's which Mr. Farmer was able to discuss with me. As we sat there chatting (with the entire group) Mr. Farmer brought up the fact that he planned to set himself on fire later that evening. I was well aware of this event as my friend Dana had mentioned it in a text message. As soon as I received the text message I had mocked Christian for his ridiculousness and belittled all that would be attending the event, labeling them as LAME. So, as Christian mentioned the pyrotechnics planned for the evening, I listened, questioned, and silently judged. Then however, Christian pulled a fast one on me and asked if I would like to be lit on fire...how could I say no to that. In the following video you will witness the side way view of what transpired from my inability to say "No"! Just for the record, I regret nothing! ENJOY!



I really wasn't much of a dancer.

2 comments:

QuillandCanvas said...

What the . . .?!! Svetlana, if I could get my hands on you I'd wring your gorgeous neck!!!

NO LIGHTING YOURSELF ON FIRE! I thought we discussed that. Oh, wait, no we didn't.

Also, who was the incompetent running your camera? IT'S SIDEWAYS! But also, don't reshoot it. Sideways is fine.

YIPES. Glad you can still type. Also, I LOVED your previous 3 posts! You are hilarious and wonderful!

CT said...

:) judged, and then went ahead and did it. :) AWESOME